Resources for Firework Safety
We work with fire departments all over the valley: Buckeye, Scottsdale, Queen Creek, Gilbert, Phoenix, Peoria, Surprise, and Mesa to insure all the proper permits and laws are followed. Red Hot Fireworks believes in educating the public to use firework safety. We have put together safety information and links below to help educate you with firework safety in Arizona.
Fun stuff for the kids:
Arizona State Firework Information:
- American Red Cross
- Black Cat Fireworks
- American Pyrotechnics Association
- National Council on Fireworks Safety
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- Pyrotechnics Guild International, Inc.
- Photographing Fireworks-- A Guide by Kodak
- Burn Injury Guide
The Firework Code
- You must be over 16 to buy fireworks and sparklers.
- Make sure you buy a reputable brand of fireworks from retailer you trust and only buy fireworks and sparklers.
- Keep fireworks in a closed tin or box
- Follow the instructions on each firework. Read the instructions carefully using a torch or lamp – never a naked flame
- Light sparklers one at a time and be very careful when handling them
- Ensure that children are supervised at all times around fireworks
- Never give sparklers to children under 5. Ensure that children wear gloves when handling sparklers
- Sparklers can reach temperatures of up to 2000*C
- Never throw fireworks
- Never put a firework in your pocket
- Light fireworks at arms length using a taper or firework lighter
- Stand well back
- Dispose of sparklers in a bucket of water as soon as they are finished
- Never go back to a lit firework
- Keep all pets and animals indoors
- Alcohol and fireworks don’t mix. If you are in charge of lighting the fireworks, avoid drinking alcohol
- Never smoke when lighting fireworks
- It is illegal for anyone under 16 to possess fireworks in a public place
- You must be over 16 to buy fireworks and sparklers. Proof of ID may be required
Click here for safety handout.